What is Paintless Dent Repair?
Paintless Dent Repair (PDR) refers to a set of techniques by which a skilled technician can remove many types of dings, dents, and “swoops” from a vehicle without damaging either the structural integrity of the vehicle or its original finish. Though use of a set of specialized tools and techniques, the technician can massage the metal in the car’s damaged surface panels from the back side in such a way that the metal will return to its original shape. A surprising array of dents can be repaired by PDR to their pre-damage, perfect condition, and even some of the dents that are too severe to be repaired to absolute perfection can be repaired so well that the naked eye would scarcely notice where they had been! PDR uses no Bondo, sanding, repainting, or any other surface altering methods, so your car will be returned to “factory” specifications upon repair.
Why use Paintless Dent Repair?
- For starters, look at our photos! They speak for themselves!
- The cost of PDR is often 1/3 that of conventional body shop repairs.
- You will have returned your vehicle to “factory” condition, with no damage to the factory paint.
- PDR is a process recognized and approved by most insurance companies as a more cost-effective method of repair than conventional body repair.
- Dings are almost always repaired within a few minutes or hours, and hail damaged vehicles can be completed in as little as two or three days, saving you the inconvenience of having to drive a rental for weeks.
- If your car is leased, you’ll be responsible for any dents and dings when your lease period has expired. Repairing it with PDR is much less expensive than having the leasing company repair it in their own body shop with conventional repair.
- If you own your car and are ready to sell it, you’ll get much more for it if all the dents and dings are removed.